A fundraising event to fight ALS (aka Lou Gehrig’s Disease). Anglers collect donations then “Cast for a Cause” on Minnesota’s Island Lake. Cash and prizes are awarded to anglers (including one for 100th place) there’s food, fun, freebees from sponsors, and of course fishing! It’s always a fun weekend during the tournament, we’re happy to make bags for all the anglers this year. You can donate to the tournament here and get more details on the tournament here. Good Fishing to all!
An annual neighborhood watershed clean-up and tree planting event that originally started by Loll Designs staff. We band together each spring with Epicurean, Bent Paddle, Republic Bank, Involta, the City of Duluth, and more to clean some creeks, plant some trees, and have some fun with friends.
There’s still time to join in! Sign up here before the clean-up on Saturday May, 20th, then meet us at the determined kick-off spots and do a little bit of good for our local waterways. Password for tickets is: lollygagger
Check out the photo albums from years past at Loll’s site.
Cheers! #PaddleitForward and keep yer eye out for a spot to Clean Yer (own) Creek
Join us at Northern Grade on May 6th & 7th in St. Paul, Minnesota. We’ll be bringing plenty of waxed canvas packs, bags, and accessories to the City House, a renovated grain elevator on the bank of the Mississippi River, just off downtown St. Paul. It’s a beautiful location and the event is full of great brands, all making good stuff in the USA. Our neighbors at Bent Paddle Brewing will be bringing beer, Red River Kitchen will have food. It’ll be a fun event at a great spot. Stop by and say hi!
The Spring Outdoor Adventure Expo at Midwest Mountaineering is nearly here! If you’ve never been there, you’re missing out: It’s like the best adventure circus imaginable. There’s even a big top tent! Great gear for all sorts of sports. There are outfitters, guides, information, inspiration, and a full schedule of seminars and speakers for all sorts of outdoor interests. We’ll be there with a full load of gear!
309 Cedar Ave S
2:00 pm Friday to 5:00pm Sunday
Bent Paddle is turning 4! Join us in our back lot on Saturday, May 13, 2017 from 2 – 8 pm to help celebrate! It’s going to be a rockin’ jamboree of brews, music and more. We will be helping our neighbors to take over West Michigan Street behind Frost River Trading Co. and joining in the fun with games and more. Read on for the skinny, or check out Bent Paddle Brewing Co.’s Festiversary Page here for additional information.
“Festiversary” (n.)party – 1. an outdoor brewery festival celebrating Bent Paddle Brewing Co.‘s anniversary & you – the Partners & Paddlers that have helped us make it this far!
Saturday, May 13, 2017 | 2 – 8 pm
- Live Music & Entertainment
- Flagship & Specialty Beer on Draft + Multiple Types of Nitro, Infusion & Cask Beers
- Food Trucks + Treats
- Family Activities Area presented by Frost River Trading Co. & The Duluth Art Institute
- Community Partnership Booths
- Festival Merch for Sale & On-Site T-Shirt Printing – Think “Festimals”…
- General Revelry!
COST + INFORMATION
- Tickets Available at the Gate + Pre-Sale Tickets Available from the Bent Paddle taproom starting April 19th
- $15 Day-of admission gets you a 16oz Festiversary pint glass (while supplies last) & your first beer is free!
- $5 Under 21 / $10 Designated Driver (no pint glass) / Kids 12 & under are free
- Beer Tokens are $2 (1 for a 5oz sample, 2 for a can (& certain specialty pours), 3 for a full 16oz pint)
- 21+ to Enjoy Beer / Valid ID Required
- Children with Accompanying Adults Allowed
- We Love Fido & Socks but No Pets Allowed at Festiversary
- Cash Only Festival | ATMs available onsite and at nearby bank/gas stations
- Rain or Shine (or Snow!) – Outdoor Event – Please Dress / Layer Accordingly
Bent Paddle Brewing Co. | 1912 West Michigan Street | Duluth, MN 55806
View full directions to the brewery on Bent Paddle Brewing Co.’s Contact page
- Free nearby vehicle parking lots (including the TBI lot located on the corner of West Michigan & 20th Avenue West and the gravel lot located on the corner West Michigan & 18th Avenue West) and street parking available throughout Lincoln Park. Please plan ahead for a sober ride home – paddlers paddling responsibly
- Complimentary bicycle parking provided by Continental Ski & Bike
Get your dancin’ shoes, grab a trusty shoulder bag, throw on a flannel, and hit the town for some local music! The week-long Duluth Homegrown Music Festival is April 30 – May 7, 2017. It’s the 19th annual event, and any night out that week is bound to be a good time. Nearly 200 acts perform across three dozen venues around Duluth and Superior. We’re happy to help sponsor hand-crafted local music… Rawk and/or Roll!
Stop by the shop before you head out, we’ll have free Duluth Coffee Co. coffee going all week, Cheers & Happy Homegrown!
The largest paddlesports expo in the world — Canoecopia is March 10-12, 2017 in Madison, WI and we’ll be there!
The colossal collection of canoes, kayaks, outdoor gear, speakers, seminars, and stuff on sale, along with some of most colorful characters in the paddlesports industry. We’ve been going for years and wouldn’t miss the chance to re-connect with customers both new and old, along with fellow exhibitors, and professionals in the industry. It’s the perfect antidote for late winter cabin fever!
The annual Canoecopia show is a sure sign of spring and a great spot to get all set up for spring and summer paddle trips. C’mon over and see us just to the right of the cash registers. We’ll have plenty of canoe packs and waxed canvas goods. We’d be happy to see you there!
A mountain bike race… in the winter… in Minnesota… downhill, at a ski area… with LIFT SERVICE!
You aren’t gonna want to miss this.
- It’ll be fun to watch, fat tire bikes racing downhill… there are so many things that could happen.
- It’d be fun to compete in… there’s nothing else like this around – plus you get to ride the lift back uphill!
- You could win… Cash and great prizes – more than $5000 to be given away (including some Frost River gear).
- Proceeds go to build a new All Weather Trail at Spirit Mtn.
- Visit Spirit Mtn’s site for more details and sign-ups
The Frosted Fatty Cross Country and Downhill Races are set for March 4th & 5th 2017 in Duluth at Spirit Mountain. This family friendly event is in its second year. New for 2017 includes head to head slalom races between fat bike riders, boarders, and skiers. Winners get a share of $5000 worth of cash and prizes.
Come on over to Duluth, bring the family, hit the slopes and visit us at Frost River. There’s gonna be a party the first week of March!
A three day outdoor gear trade show in Salt Lake City, Utah- we’ve been attending the biannual Outdoor Retailer event for the past several years. It’s a valuable place to meet new retail partners, check in with existing customers, connect with friends, network with fellow outdoor brands, and manufacturers and be part of an international outdoor community.
Outdoor Retailer 2017 Winter Market – January 10-12, 2017
There’s all sorts of exciting and new stuff at OR! Everyone brings their latest designs to the shows every year, and we’re no different. If you’re at the show (it’s for brands and stores only, so you’ll need credentials… sorry shoppers), stop by our booth #7 and see what we’ve got in the works for 2017.
We’ll be hosting a “happy hour” at 4:30 in our booth #7 at the end of Day 1 on Tuesday with Dave Freeman and the Save the Boundary Waters crew. Dave, and his wife Amy, spent the past year in the BWCA raising awareness for preservation of canoe country. Also, we are in the running for the 2017 American Made Outdoor Gear Award. The annual award “celebrates domestic manufacturing in the outdoor industry”. The winner will be announced at 5:00 on Day 2, Wednesday, January 11.
Join us at First Avenue in Minneapolis for a Christmas Show and Holiday Bazaar. Featuring music by LOW, Hippo Campus, Gaelynn Lee, Erik Berry, Ambassadors, and DJ set by Claire De Lune. Tickets available in advance and at the door. A portion of proceeds go to Second Harvest Heartland.
We’ll be there with a healthy load of packs, bags, and last minute gift ideas. It’ll be a rockin’ good evening with music and local wares going to a good cause. C’mon out and celebrate the Christmas season with Low and Friends!
Saturday December 17th, 2016 – 7 pm – Downtown Minneapolis, MN